Sunday, April 20, 2008

Reframing...

To say that this week was one hundred times better than last week would be a huge understatement. I took some really good advice - when you are unhappy with something, you either have to change the situation or reframe your place inside of that situation.

Cases in point: Here's a picture from Monday. I was in San Antonio for a conference which I was dreading being at. It turned out that I only had to work for hour intervals throughout the day, and I had a long break in the afternoon. So, can you think of a better way to market than mid-day 'ritas on the Riverwalk?

I headed back to San Antonio Tuesday, but was able to return in time to join friends at Westwood's lacrosse game. Kris was an excellent host, the company great and the game itself was pretty interesting. Minus all the injuries. And the cold. And inappropriately cheering for KP. Oops!

My car caught on fire on Wednesday. Well, not really, but the radiator did blow up and I was left carless. Worked out just fine, though. :) I got so much accomplished, and also enjoyed riding my bike around for once. Thursday brought a wine tasting for work, and Friday brought a huge revenue day at work AND the afternoon off, which I spent (shock) biking, running, swimming and hanging out with D & Kerry.

The weekend was really great too. It started with no plans, but I ended up filling it pretty easily, and I had a blast. A highlight was celebrating Kerry's HFC 2nd place finish from Rocky Hill poolside at Mike's. I was so proud of my friends this weekend and glad I got to celebrate with them. (Glenda, I'll tell you, is AMAZING!!)

It's so nice to end the weekend feeling good about the past week.

Reframe... check!

No comments: