Monday, June 09, 2008

And... reframe!

I ended up having a very nice Sunday. After the race, D & I had a great lunch; then I ran errands, caught up with Katie, went to the library, took a nap and met up with people at Wahoo's before the Cure concert. I loved the concert... The music was great, the energy was great and the venue was great. Once we eventually found a spot where we weren't experiencing ponytail whiplash or Rod Stewart's obnoxious twin, I had no complaints.

So, about this reframing. I just want to get it in writing before I go to sleep. (Which I need to do quick, it's almost 1:00am!)

Today's race was actually pretty good. I swam fine and biked great. I had poor nutrition and a poor mental running attitude, but I can work on that stuff. This time last year, I mentally gave up on training and started a very long off season. This year, I'm just getting started. That's pretty cool!

However, the 2 coolest things that happened today regarding Danskin. First, I ran into a colleague of mine who was cheering for her sister. She introduced me to her mom as, "Erin - the one who inspired us to get into all of this." I love being an inspiration when possible.

And speaking of inspiration, I am so proud of my dad!!! Today he decided to honor & support me by doing the same bike and swim distances at the gym. He biked 12 miles then did a 5k on the treadmill. I'm so proud of him!!! I've mentioned before how my dad has turned into a gym rat/athlete, and I couldn't be prouder. He won't admit it yet, but someday we'll be doing a half marathon together. I feel it.

Anyway, reframing begins... now! Good morning, Monday!

6 comments:

Slingshot said...

That is so cool about your dad! What a great way to share an experience, even when you aren't together.

Shorey said...

THAT'S better! Good job, Erin! On being an inspiration, on a good race...It's always easier to focus on the negative stuff.

Amy said...

Congratulations on a great swim and bike, and on finishing when you didn't want to. :) If you keep going that slow with your running, maybe you CAN run with me on my long runs!

Anonymous said...

As promised...Great job at Danskin. I'm glad you re-framed. I read your report and thought, why was that so bad?! I know the run was tough, but it's hot at that time of day, after doing everything else. We know you can and will do better on the run. Yea you! -LL

Maggie said...

Doing a race with your Dad would be just awesome!

Missychel said...

you're always an inspiration lady!! i am glad you had such the weekend. I am BEYOND jelous that you got to make the Cure....I missed the boat on that one. :(