Friday, September 19, 2008

Fantastic Friday

I am the best mood right now. I'm SO HAPPY IT IS FRIDAY!! I started my weekend off yesterday, and even though I'm working today - it's all fun stuff. I have a weekend full of friends and easy workouts and getting ready for Vegas. I won't be back at work until next Friday!

So... I know I'm being vague, but I will say that in about 10 minutes yesterday, I took care of something I've been working towards all year. It was easier than I could have imagined and all the while, I felt... right. Then I treated myself to a trip to the Austin Museum of Art. The exhibit there, Modern Art/Modern Lives: Then + Now, is AWESOME. I am continually impressed with the exhibits that Dana Friis-Hansen pulls together. Moreover, I want to meet the Austinites that OWN these pieces. Holy cow. Anyway, I could go on and on and on and on about how much I enjoyed the exhibit, but I think I made my point.

I had a great evening and still managed to make my 5:15 run with Elizabeth & Yvonne. Our run was *only* eight miles (love that!), and I was surprised at how great I felt. Got ready at the springs and watched the sunrise. Perfect morning.

Someone asked me if I'm one of those people who could be happy anywhere. After some thought, I would say that yes - I think I am one of those people. Don't get me wrong, I certainly have my moments. Generally though, I look for the positive in things and appreciate where I am at any minute. It certainly helps that I have such great friends and live in such a great city. :)

Happy Friday!

No comments: