On Thursday, I hosted my first Thanksgiving. Parents + Aunt + Grandpa, who is nearly 96 years old! All I made was the pecan pie... the rest was courtesy of Central Market. Seriously, you didn't think I'd actually cook, did you?! ;)Did I mention nearly 96? And sharp as can be. I was honored to celebrate the day with him.
Monday, November 01, 2010
I love Europe. Love love love it. However, I had a few thoughts about things I missed while I was away.
1) Faucets that merge hot & cold water. I wasn't very good at shifting between hot and cold to wash my face and hands.
2) Sweet & Low. I hate to say it - but I missed that stuff big time. Coffee over there just wasn't the same with real sugar. Silly Europeans and their healthy ways :)
Come to think of it, I think that's it.
Things I already miss about Europe.
1) The ability to walk just about anywhere in a major city. Or ride your bike. Or take public transportation.
2) Hearing tons of different accents and languages everywhere you go.
3) Waffles. Mmmmm, waffles.
4) History everywhere.
5) Pubs everywhere.
6) Big Box Stores nowhere.
7) Cinnamon spread. I forget what it's called, but gosh it's amazing.
Alright, that's all of my Europe daydreaming for the afternoon. I'll leave with a picture that shows another something that I love in Europe - the funny signs!