Tuesday, April 06, 2010

"run workout!"

Once upon a time, many many months ago, I would attend these "events" called "run workouts." Odd things, they were. There was a coach, who would tell you what to do, and then you would... *gasp*... run.

But then stuff happened and I stopped attending these "run workouts." I completed the race I was training for (Longhorn); I was injured; I hated running in the afternoon heat; and most of all, I was lazy and just hated to run.

However... thanks to some prodding by some bunnies (Carrie & Vegas to be exact), I found myself at Auditorium Shores this morning at an actual coached run workout!

It was so hard!
I am so not where I used to be!
I was red-faced as ever when I was done!
and...

I now feel like I accomplished something for the day!
I think I might just be motivated enough to attend these workouts!
I had so much fun running with Vegas!
I didn't collapse from nearly 1.5 years of not running consistently!
It was awesome!
I want to do it again!

Perhaps E is gettin' her groove back? I hope so!

1 comment:

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Does this mean I'll see you tomorrow on the track???