Sunday, October 09, 2011

Full Circle

Tomorrow I start a new quarter-semester of classes.  Microeconomics, Marketing, Analysis of Markets, and Operations. Here's what's ironic.

When I was contemplating getting my MBA, I went and sat in on an Operations class. I took more notes than the students did. I kept thinking, "Wow! I could have used this with GMW! How cool!"

Well, tomorrow at 8:00am I will start that exact same class. Same professor & same classroom, even. Full circle, I tell you!

By the way, I survived finals. I don't believe my grades in finance or accounting will actually resemble the amount of knowledge I have accumulated in the subjects, but I am okay with that. (Hopefully recruiters will be too.) As of now, I only know my economics grade and I will say that I was pleasantly surprised... i.e. jumping around the house with glee. Statistics is a toss-up - we'll see! I certainly GET IT, but it will just depend on if I performed better on the test than my classmates. 

But overall, the first semester was a blast. Oh... I also was selected for the Marketing Fellows, which I start tomorrow as well! Good stuff....

On the agenda for Q2 - career fair this weekend, consulting case challenge, finance case challenge*, marketing case challenge, projects, clubs, running for officer positions, Dallas marketing trek, interview preps, internship searches, Brief & Meets...

Phew.... 8 more weeks and finals start all over again!

No comments: