Monday, December 22, 2014

Catching Up...


Hello World! After a year+ break of blogging, I'm picking back up to document my current European adventure.
But first, some background in a Q&A format:
Q. Did you and Joe almost go an entire year without getting to Europe?
A. Yes! Terrible, right? 
Q. But surely you both have been traveling this year?
A. Yes indeed. While Joe took a 2 month road trip (i.e. brewery tour) to the Pacific Northwest, I was able to meet him in Napa/San Francisco, and Seattle/Vancouver. Additionally, we went to New Orleans, Chicago, Birmingham, Boston/Provincetown, and Mexico. (I've spent quite a bit of time in some other cities, but I'm not counting work travel here.)
Q. Haven't you guys been to Italy before?
A. Yes, but this time I'm visiting some places I've never been before. (Joe has been to most, and has wanted to bring me to Florence since we met, but he's kind enough to revisit the cities.) Our itinerary includes: Rome, Florence, Sienna, Lucca, Bologna, and Venice.
Q. So how did you pick Italy vs. somewhere new?
A. This was tough. I was pushing for South America... but we were sad thinking that our Europe x 1/year streak would end. Plus, and perhaps more importantly, it didn't take many miles to make our way over here. So... free flight? That was a win.
Q. Will you get on with the travel blog already?
A. Yes, yes. Sorry! My apologies that I'm not including pictures at this point. Last trip I used Angie's ipad/camera thing, and I'm just not that sophisticated this trip. I will add my camera pictures later.

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Yay! So glad you're back with your blog!

dr mel said...

So glad you are blogging about your trip! We loved reading about your adventure while we were on a train to Prague today. It reminded us of our past trips there.