Sunday, October 14, 2007

Stress Level Rising...

I had a really fantastic weekend.

Friday I went to the Rogue happy hour and saw tons of friends that I haven't seen in a while; then Wiley & I hung out at Wahoo's before heading over the Burnett Road Challenge. My night went from "Quick stop at the happy hour then relaxing night at home" to "I probably should not have had that much to drink, been to that many bars, or allowed cameras in my presence." (Totally worth it, by the way!)

On Saturday I managed to drag myself out of bed and meet Holly for an easy 6 mile run at 5:45am. It was wonderful to run with Holly, and I'm looking forward to getting back into a schedule with her. Next was breakfast with Panther (who had yet made it home from the previous night!) and then errands with Phil. We went to IKEA and I bought a desk and a hot pink desk chair. I finally have my own little office space (set up in the music room), and I am very jazzed about it. (Phil has 3 rooms of his stuff, I had none.)

This morning I went to the Veloway to ride easy and have some alone time. I had a really great ride, and then headed to the H&B to meet Maggie for a run. 30 + 3 miles made for a great workout - I finally felt like I am getting back into the swing of things. Then I got to hang out with Maggie for the rest of the morning.

The thing is, now I have to go to Houston. I have to be in Conroe at 8:30am tomorrow. I will probably end up staying in Houston again on Monday night and heading back Tuesday evening. Once I get to Houston I will be fine, but the process of packing, going by my office, bringing everything for the event tomorrow, and getting some final things done here is really stressing me out. I hate giving up half of my Sunday. I hate feeling this stressed out at only 2:45pm.

This will all pay off in the long run, though. It better.

At any rate, at least I had an amazing/fun weekend until now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If it makes you feel any better my stress level has shot through the roof today too...I agree there is something wrong with being stressed on a Sunday.

Have fun in Houston!!!

Maggie said...

I'm so glad I called and you were able to meet me within minutes! Glad we ran! It was fun hanging out with you!