Monday, June 01, 2009

Guardian Angels

My life is full of guardian angels. Some of them, ah hem, even work behind my back so that I can't sneak around like I want to. They make me cry too, but in a good way.

When I ran my first marathon, guardian angel Maggie was there, pushing my back, telling me to move forward. I will never ever forget that. Then we finished together, hand in hand. When I ran the Goofy Challenge, she ran my last Austin-run with me and then surprised me with a home-made "good luck" bag filled with all kinds of marathon goodies. I've done my best to return the love back to her.... For instance, I got to sherpa for her at Ironstar in 2007. (Elbows up... Side to Side!!!)Anyway, I got pretty teary eyed yesterday during our final Ironman meeting at T3. We watched a video from the 2008 CDA IM and one of the things that really struck me was excitement/enthusiasm/love/etc. from the families and supporters on the course. I was reminded of how lucky we are at T3 to have a giant extended family supporting us on June 21st. But what really brought me to tears was thinking about my guardian angel Maggie. She is coming to CdA and going to be my personal sherpa! How did I get to be so blessed that I have my own personal MaggieSherpa to be there for me on race day?!! I have someone to share the experience with from the outside... someone who will be yelling words of support all day, updating my family, taking care of my needs and treating me like an IM princess. Knowing she will be there has taken a huge weight off of my shoulders and nearly doubled my excitement!
Thank you Maggie, and all my guardian angels. I'm so very blessed.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

SherpaMaggie!!! I love it!
I am soooo excited for you Erin. you are going to rock CdA!! and I can't wait to share that day with you and our T3 family.
I am all yours honey bunny!
When you are out on the bike loop, and you can't see me, listen real close, I'm sure you'll be able to hear me yelling for you!
gooooo E!