Monday, June 15, 2009

Like Father, Like Daughter

Broken record here, but I have to say it again - I am so proud of my dad and his commitment to exercise! I have a feeling my mom is going to jump on the bandwagon any day now, too.... (Yay! Go mom!!)

My folks came to visit me this weekend. Let's just say that I needed them. As much as I try to be super strong independent superwoman (yeah, who am I kidding!?), it is really nice when mom and dad take care of me. Even if I'm left feeling a bit vulnerable and embarrassed and fragile, I do realize that they don't care about that! Thank goodness!

Anyway, my one request for the weekend was for my dad to join me Sunday morning while we took a nice walk around the trail. I wanted to channel as much positive energy from our walk so I could use it in 7 days during Ironman. It was perfect. We got to see a bunch of T3ers doing their runs, he got to meet Dionn, and I got to show him various points of interest on the trail, like the Giant Mushroom Forest. Best of all, we spoke of the things in our lives we are most proud of. (Thanks for what you said, Dad!) It was the perfect way to end my last week of training in Austin.

So, when I say like father, like daughter - here is what I mean. Later in the afternoon, I caught my dad using the calf stretcher! I think this picture is hilarious.

No comments: