Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Moving.

I'm moving 2 weeks from today. Granted, I'm only moving about 8 houses away. But, I'm moving. Moving away from my adorable little rent house which I've occupied for the past 27 months.

That little white house represents a period of my life when I became, well, me. When I spent times sobbing harder than I've ever cried in my life, and also times when I experienced things I never imagined possible. It represents loss and heartbreak. It represents rebuilding and growth. It represents my independence, yet also my need for companionship and acceptance. It represents learning that I will always land on my feet, that I deserve to be happy and that I will never truly be lonely.

It's hard to even comprehend how different I am today versus the day I moved in. And yet I'm still just as much the same. (And that's just fine with me.)

By the way, my friend Barbara posted this yesterday and I love it.

"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." Anatole France

4 comments:

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Wow...hard to believe it's almost time. Can't wait to see the new place in its finished glory!!!

Jane said...

i love it, erin! i you. good luck with your move... and the new season of your life. i can't wait to hear what it brings you.

Jess said...

can't wait to see it!!!!

Unknown said...

You know, I just decided to check out all that's going on in your life and there I see that quote that has resonated so much for me. You are an amazing person. I can't get over all that you do and embrace - you are a true bon vivant. Congratulations on you rnew home. Here's to peace and happiness. Barbara