Saturday, March 06, 2010

Super Dad!

Why do I look so happy in this picture? Because I'm hanging with my dad, of course! As I mentioned before, I was in San Antonio on Thursday teaching continuing education classes. My dad mentioned he would be in SA for a charity wine tasting that evening. So, I quickly invited myself along to be his assistant. He's the rep for the wine glass company shown in the pictures - and he does these events all the time. However, the CEO of the company would be leading this tasting which made it extra special.

Here is what the room looked like. Lots and lots of wine glasses! The premise of a wine glass tasting is to show the benefits of these wine glass, which truly are the best in the world, against "joker" glasses -i.e. the ones most of us drink from every day. It's always a blast to hear everyone's reactions when they taste the same wine in a joker glass versus the high end glass. Lots of oohs & aahs.
Here is my dad setting up. Check out the beautiful decanters on the left and different types of glasses to the right.... let's just say it pays to be my dad's daughter. ;) Wine anyone?
The event was wonderful - and the president/CEO was highly entertaining. I was lucky enough to have dinner with him after the event and was sure to grill him about anything and everything regarding his business plan. (I think I wore him out with all my questions... but, it's what I do! I like business!)

The best part of the event was being a "nobody" except for just being my dad's daughter. Everyone thought I was still in college and had no knowledge of my background whatsoever. Thus, the focus of almost all of my conversations was on my dad. And pretty much every conversation went like this. "You are Buzz's daughter? Oh, we just LOVE your father. He is such a wonderful man and we are blessed to have him here." (I concur!!!) Even though I'm just the daughter, I felt so proud of him. He is the best. Period.

So.... wine tasting was great. Grilling the CEO was great. Hanging out with my dad for the night - THE BEST!

No comments: