Thursday, September 06, 2007

For the record...

I ran into Diane on the trail today. We were talking about what's been going on with us lately since we haven't seen each other in months, and about how we are not feeling very motivated to run or work out. I talked about how much I am traveling lately and how draining it is. She responded that I although I seemed happy in some areas of my life, I'm not happy in others.

So... for the record, I am just fine. I am tired. I am unmotivated in some areas. I wish I could teleport to Houston. I wish there was about 4-5 more hours in the day. I wish the laundry would do itself tonight, and I could go to sleep.

But besides all of this rather irrelevant stuff, I am happy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm no expert, but I'd tell a friend in your situation to put yourself first, including your rest, relationships, and some leisure/fun.

I can take myself and living too seriously and sometimes appreciate a friend pointing that out.

And don't forget to treat yourself to a run if it feels right!

Clean clothes are highly overrated!

Kris said...

Sounds like you've hit burnout, my friend. There's something about the end of summer that has that effect on everyone--not that that helps you, it's just something I've noticed and can completely relate to. And all that travel makes it worse--ugh!

My advice, for what it's worth: sleep a lot, commit yourself to as little as possible, and invest in a ton of underwear and workout clothes--cuts the need to do laundry in half, I promise you.

Missychel said...

I on the other hand am not happy since it has been forever since we last crossed paths. :(