Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sweet dreams, Murphy.

Yesterday we said goodbye to Murphy. While technically our neighbor's cat, Murphy lived with us since we moved into our house almost three years ago. She was the most adorable cat I'd ever seen.

In a way, Murphy adopted us. She even made it onto our wedding invitation, along with Karma and Velvet.

I could always count on Murphy to sit meowing at the front porch every morning as I left to go run or swim. And I could count on her to be waiting for us, perched atop Phil's car or our windowsill, when I came home. I was never much of a cat person, but you couldn't help but love Murphy. She had a way of making you come to her and scratch her belly and love on her.

Now she will rest in peace forever under her favorite oak tree, right between us and our next door neighbors. Sweet dreams, old girl.

5 comments:

MW said...

: (

Shorey said...

My parents had a cat that lived in the yard when they moved in. When he died, we were all sorts of sad. Sorry to hear about Murphy - sweet dreams to her.

meredith said...

My heart is with you. Once you be-friend a pet, yours or not, they are with you forever!

I miss you!
mer

Slingshot said...

I'm so sorry :( Murphy was always there to greet me by the front door when I'd come by your house, she was a sweetie.

Panther said...

She's a damn cute cat. I wish I had known her.