Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Batter Up!

I was reading the comics, and this was today's Peanuts! I can't help but laugh in recognition!!!

I never played on a sports team. This may be partially because I never showed any interest in team sports and partially because my dad is smart. He recognized at a very early point in my life that he was tired of chasing softballs all over the yard because I had no hand-eye coordination, skill, endurance or talent.

So, I was a cheerleader instead. Loved it then, and still love it now. You need a pep talk? I'm your girl! I always prefer cheering to playing. Less accountability, more fun! At least that's what I tell myself.

Anyway, there is something I want to do, but I'm scared because it involves an election... a popularity contest, to be more accurate... and judgment about whether or not I am worthy to win. Perhaps I'm totally making this out to be something bigger than it is - and wow, I *never* do that - but, it is what it is. Meaning, it may be small, but to me - it's important. Also, I'm very afraid to lose.

Today, I got the pep talk. "Please do not back out now. You can't hit the home-run unless you get up to bat and swing."

Gotta remember this one, it's so simple but so true.

... Batter Up!

2 comments:

etg said...

Yeah, E! Go for it! Worst case...you strike out. Best case...you hit a home run. Either way...you tried! And you won't regret that:)

Maggie said...

I'll vote for you!!

and yes...you are my #1 cheerleader!!