Wednesday, May 13, 2009

RENT!

I have been a Renthead since February 14, 1998. I first saw Rent in Dallas at the Majestic Theatre. I loved it so much that I went to buy the soundtrack the next day. They didn't have it on tape, so I bought my very first CD player just so I could listen to the CD. I saw the Puccini's opera La Boheme that summer at Bass in Forth Worth. I brought in the millennium when I saw Rent again on Broadway - just days after the new year. I drove Jenna (my college roommate) crazy pretending that I was Mimi, running around our room singing "Out Tonight."

Last night, I saw Rent yet again. The original stars, Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal starred. Elizabeth & I had amazing seats - 10 rows back, dead center. (Thanks, D!) I have to say, it was the best I've ever seen. I laughed, I cried, I poked at Elizabeth, I resisted singing the entire soundtrack (which I know by heart) and I smiled the entire time.

I am at a loss for words at how amazing the show was. I'm just so happy I went... perhaps one of the best nights I have had in as long as I can remember.

No comments: