Monday, August 13, 2007

Mondays

I selected this cute theme for my iGoogle homepage. Throughout the day, these two little critters change activities to reflect what time of day it is. They might be asleep, or playing Frisbee, or eating. Look how cute they are, on their little picnic, with their yummy food and soda. How fun, right?I wonder what an "Erin at work" theme would look like. With the exception of a nice lunch with friends and morning run, my theme would have me staring angrily at my computer screen, expressing frustration to my GM, stuck in my car, or furrowing my face at the fact that Mondays lately really suck for me.

I find it ironic that this frog and ladybug have so much fun all day long, and each time I open my browser (while stuck at my desk) I have to look at them. I can't remember the last time I went on a picnic on a Monday.

7 comments:

Slingshot said...

Sorry your monday isn't being very good :( But I have to say I have the same Google theme and I love it! They are playing on a slip & slide on mine right now. When I log in at night and see them in little sleeping bags under the stars, it's so cute.

MW said...

I can't say i have those as my theme. Actually, i have no theme. Hmmm... I think I need a theme. Do I need a theme?

Scot said...

As I look into my little crystal ball (that I keep on my desk)...Hmmm, let me see...(smoke begins to clear)...Ah yes, a Vacation seems to be coming into the picture, in your near future. Of the Caribbean variety, indeed!!

Jane said...

Erin, I didn't even know about iGoogle, and now I have my own little fun page all set up...thanks for the cute tip! - Jane

Kris said...

You are an amazing person, Erin. Truly. You are young and vibrant and incredibly intelligent. You are driven, you have good instincts, you are shrewd (and not in a bad or cynical way). You have an incredible amount of talent to offer to the world. And you are nice. Genuinely nice.

So, knowing that about you, I figure you should never have a bad Monday. You should never artificially tie yourself to a job that doesn't let you be YOU. You are one of the happiest, most upbeat people I know. If your job is making your Mondays crappy, perhaps you should consider the possibility that you've outgrown it.

Just sayin'...

P.S. - I had four glasses of champagne before I wrote this, so I might be off base. Except I don't think I am. Love you! :)

Lulu said...

If I came across that little picnic, I would feed the ladybug to the frog. Then I would step on the frog and smash him - especially if it was Monday.

Missychel said...

i love frogs.......