Monday, July 06, 2009

Back on the Wagon...

For the record, I am coming back from the dead (i.e. the land of sloth and laziness and recovery.) As I logged my first official comeback workout, I had to laugh at my training log for the past month. Seems like something significant happened on June 21, but not much else....I am pleased to say that I still spent my Saturday & Sunday mornings being active. Mom & Dad were in town, so Dad & I hit the trail on Saturday. His strides are so long that I have to run beside him to keep up! We also did a ton of walking Saturday night when we watched the fireworks at Auditorium Shores and then walked home. Sunday I took him for a more touristy route, and we headed up Congress to the Capitol and back down Nueces. Let me say for the record, walking is hard! I realized this, of course, when it took me nearly 7.5 hours to walk the Ironman marathon. But geez, I was sore after just 1 hour on Saturday!

On a somewhat related note, regarding things I love doing with Dad, the highlight of my weekend lasted all of three minutes: We played a duet on the piano that we used to play all the time when I was growing up. It's amazing how something so simple can be so significant.

No comments: