Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Rewards Along the Way...

Owning & running a business is a pretty crazy thing. It certainly has ups and downs and headaches and rewards, but the rewards are amazing. My first business, Running Banana, had one of those rewards when Condoleezza Rice ordered a custom running shirt. (It said "Running the State" - so clever!) The U.S. Secretary of State was going to wear something I made!!!!

Now I co-own a company called Grease Monkey Wipes. You may have heard me go on & on about it, oh, all the time. :)

The story goes like this: In July of 2007, I was part of an idea to make an individually packaged degreasing wipe aimed at cyclists in need - i.e. cyclists who ended up completely greasy after changing a flat or fixing their chain. In July of 2009, this idea - turned company with sales nationwide and momentum growing each day - was one of the featured products in Triathlete Magazine's August issue.

With a great review I might add!! Go Grease Monkey Wipes!!!!

Triathlete Magazine - that is some reward. I'm all smiles about this one. (BTW, way to go, Tim!)

4 comments:

etg said...

Yeah, E! Yeah, Grease Monkey Wipes! Good things DO come to those who wait :) So happy for y'all.

JohnF said...

Congratulations!

MW said...

nice!

SleeplessInSeattle said...

So cool...I didn't know you did all that. Awesome!