Monday, July 27, 2009

Pig!!!

Yesterday I had a conversation about my favorite comic strip. Okay, maybe a more accurate version would be that I had a typical Erin "Oh my gosh this is the best comic strip ever it is so funny you have to read it because it is awesome - he he he he he - and I just love the characters and I think you will too because it's just so awesome and there's this pig and a rat and a guard duck - he he he he - and the crocs keep trying to eat the zebra and then there is this kitty who is so cute but so terrible and it's the best strip ever, OMG!" preaching session.

Pearls Before Swine is the best comic strip ever. Dad & I regularly discuss the merits of each daily strip. I also regularly cut out the strip and put it on my refrigerator. Yes, people still do that. Okay, I still do that. Please don't mock me.

Anyway, this inspired me to find the strip online, and then I found the artist's blog, and then I found out there is even an iGoogle template! There's even plush characters. If I could determine my favorite, I'd buy it.. but, um, I want all of them.

The artist, Stephen Pastis, has a very very inspiring story about how he quit his job as a lawyer to pursue his dream of being a comic illustrator. I'm so glad he went for it - not only does his story rock, but his comics make me smile every day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you don't read 'Frazz' on the same comics.com website, then, well, you should.

Yvonne said...

Thanks for sharing!
I like the Croc Plush, he's cute, but I am afraid if I bought him, it would make all the other bears jealous :)