Monday, November 30, 2009

Morphing...

I'll post more updates later, but for now I just had to share this picture from the 2009 Dallas Turkey Trot. Doesn't my dad look so happy?

Each year, my dad and I grow more and more alike. Doing the Turkey Trot is expected now. Doing heaps of crossword puzzles and pouring over games of Scrabble while watching football is what we do for fun. This year, by the time I left Dallas, my dad had a new gym routine in his pocket and was drinking his cereal with blueberries and soy milk. I love it!

I am so blessed to have amazing parents. My mom made sure that I didn't have to do anything Thanksgiving day but lounge around in my pajamas. She spent hours helping me research products and make decisions so I could cross some major headache items off my to-do list.

Our immediate family is small (just three of us) but I wouldn't trade them for the world. If we end up morphing into our parents, I'm glad that I get to morph into mine.

2 comments:

Jennifer Thompson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MW said...

soy makes men grown moobs. ask kamran. wait, maybe it was something else. yeah, i think it was something else.