Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Crankypants

Yesterday was definitely the hardest day post surgery. I decided it was time to ween myself of the pain medication because 1) I haven't been hurting and 2) it makes me feel really sick. Yesterday I was feeling particularly proud of myself and my progress, especially at the doctor's office. I was cracking jokes and having fun... until the boot came out. (Joe keeps calling it "Das Boot" in a very german accent.) I hate the boot. It's so cumbersome and uncomfortable. I wore it home, and after an hour I had to take it off because it hurt too much. Which meant I had to take more drugs, which meant I was sick all evening. I ended up watching Biggest Loser, Dancing with the Stars & the Voice for 3 hours. Someone please save me!!

Anyway, I officially am tired of being stuck in the house. I need to get out! I need projects! (Okay, I have lots of projects but I need motivation to do them.)

I know things are bad when I am starting to annoy myself. Being locked up and stationary makes me cranky. I don't like that one bit.  

I'm venturing out today. I'm meeting Jess at Whole Foods in one hour and I'm going to drive for the first time in a week. Exciting stuff! Then I'm going to Improv tonight for my final Level One class. I hope there are lots of stationary robot roles tonight.

(Sorry to complain. I feel kinda silly, but I'd rather complain to my blog than be cranky in person.)

No comments: