Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Aloha Hawaii! Again! x2! Again!

Another photo tour coming your way!
There are chickens everywhere in Kaua'i. The locals joke about how annoying they are and ask us to take them with us back to the mainland. I don't think they are serious because surely you could get rid of wild chickens if you really don't like them. Anyway, Joe considered taking 2 home for the chicken coop, but that didn't exactly work out.
We loved Brenneck's at Poipu Beach. I got not one, but two fruity drinks! Yum!!!
That's odd. Joe with a beer? Huh.
Second most awesome meal of the trip. Grilled ahi salad. OMG. OMG. (I'm talking like a teenager because it was so good, OMG.)
Now we've moved on to some zip lines. We went with the Princeville Ranch Zip N' Dip. Nine zip lines and a lunch break at a little pool with a waterfall. I jumped 8 feet into the pool by the way. I'm brave like that. (And didn't want to be outshone by the 14 year old girl who was scared but jumped in anyway.)
The King Kong! 1200 feet of zip line madness!!! Joe & I "raced" it. He won. However, in the race of who could put their harness on without help... that was all me. I win when it's important.  (Joe was impressed and said I need to start helping out more around the house since I'm so handy. Doh.)
Wheeeeeee!!!!
That evening we took a detour to visit a beach we were unable to see a few days prior. We hiked down a trail and came across this little waterfall...
And then onto this rocky beach...
And then watched the sun set over Queen's Bath. Just stunning.
There are 2 sea turtles splashing around in there!
Last picture at Queen's Bath. We took off just in time, otherwise we wouldn't have been able to see the trail back. This was one of my favorite parts of the whole trip... and what I loved about Kaua'i. It was so unpretentious, natural, and beautiful.

No comments: