Friday, July 01, 2011

Cohort!! Schedule!! (already?!)

I received my cohort assignment for UT today!! I also received my Fall schedule!! I'm so excited!!

Actually, just today my friend Kyle asked me specifically if I was excited and if I was ready for school. Excited? Yes... but also nervous, scared, curious, hopeful, and a bit intimidated. Ready? Hell no... but will I ever really be ready? Probably not... He calmed my nerves and said these are all the feelings I should be feeling. That's good.

I am definitely not ready for it to already be July... but I guess that's how it goes. Time to get my butt in gear, take care of some business, start studying, and start this next chapter. Yee haw!

BTW, here is the email explaining the cohorts. That's a fun word to say. Cohort. COhort. CoHORT. COOOHOOORT. Just try it. Trust me.

*********

We are proud to assign you to Cohort 1!

The Texas MBA cohort system enriches the entire program and begins in the first year taking all core classes as a cohort.  The class is broken into 4 cohorts.  Core courses designated as “cohort-based” must be taken in the section specific to a given cohortCohort-based core courses are thus “inviolate.” Students not assigned to a cohort may not take a cohort-based class; conversely, members of the cohort must take all cohort-based courses with their cohort.

Cohorts are created with diversity in mind, drawing on the complementary cultural, professional, and social backgrounds of each incoming class.  Cohorts are assigned based on a sorting program for such criteria as: aptitudes, home country and home state, undergraduate degree, gender, type of previous employment, proposed area of concentration at UT.

No comments: