Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Summer of E Update...

Still busy as ever, although I have something exciting to look forward to in a few days! But before I get to that, how about a bit of a recap.

In late June, I went to Dallas to work at my dad's show. It entailed five full days of waiting on customers, working on his social media, and redoing his website. It was fun, but really exhausting... However, I can't complain because I feel grateful for the opportunity to give back to my family while I have time considering how much they have done for me. I'm not sure how my dad pulls off everything he does with such grace and ease, but I'm always impressed and inspired by him.

I'm also working on a few consulting projects, which have been a blast. They kinda make me wonder why I didn't go off on my own sooner... but I suppose there's no point in regret, right? I'm again grateful for the current opportunities.  Especially as they help ease the financial burden that's ahead.

My foot is recovering nicely, I'm glad to say. It's not perfect by any means, but I have retired DAS BOOT and am able to work out now (no running though.)  I'm so glad to feel some endorphins again.

We are still smack dab in the midst of our kitchen remodel. We have cabinets now! In fact, we spent a lot of this weekend cleaning our kitchen stuff (in the front yard, mind you, like proper white folk) and putting it all away in its new home. We still have no countertops, flooring, backsplash, or appliances, but... in time it will all be finished and beautiful. And we will be able to cook again, which I am very excited about! (Yes, I know this picture is crooked but I think the scene is obvious enough.)

I'm doing everything possible to avoid my mounting UT homework, but I will tackle it this week, I promise.  In addition to this photo on the right, I have lots of modules of MBA math to tackle. There is not much time left at all... especially since Boot Camp starts July 18th. Oh, that's in 13 days you say? Well, that brings me to my most exciting news of the Summer of E.

Joe & I are going to Hawaii for 8 days! Remember when I said we were going camping? Long story short... that turned into a beach vacation... which turned into a Mexican resort... which turned into Kauai! We both figured that we should spend our time & money on a location we both really wanted to see. I love that Joe shares the "you only live once" philosophy. Or perhaps exemplifies would be a better verb. Either way, we are heading to Kauai soon and I am so excited!!! (Thanks for the books Leslie!) We usually head to Uncorked for our various dating milestones, but I suppose Hawaii will suffice this year.

This week I'm hunkering down and getting stuff done. Luckily I finished "Wonder Boys" this weekend so my reading pile isn't tempting me.  Besides, I work best under pressure so this is a good thing, I believe.  Of course, things won't be any different once I get back - but that's how I like it.

No comments: