Thursday, September 24, 2009

Interbike 2009 Day 1

Got Grease? Get Grease Monkey Wipes!

That's our theme! Carrie & I just finished our first day at Interbike - North America's largest bike industry trade show. We don't have a booth this year, but we made sure to sport the jerseys and pass out samples and information. The response is great - people love the monkey! (Our designer is genius, I tell you!)

This year is definitely more mellow... The overwhelming thrill of hundreds and hundreds of exhibitors isn't there for me this year - granted it's been a blast to watch Carrie experience it. There seem to be less people this year, too. But there are still all the samples and cool booths and bike parts and geekiness. Once again, I've maintained a diet of Clifbar, Powerbar & other assorted energy bar samples. (Maybe that explains my headache?)

Also, it's a completely different entrepreneurial experience this year. By that, I mean that I have more confidence in my product. I have more confidence in Tim's & my abilities. I have more confidence in the future of our company, regardless if a small bike retailer wants to buy our product or not. I can't exactly explain it - perhaps it's false confidence - but I just feel a bit smarter and wiser this year. We'll see!

Carrie has been a godsend. This would NOT have been a fun experience by myself. She has been fantastic - ready to sport the Grease Monkey gear without me even asking, handing out samples, promoting the company, and just being overly supportive and wonderful. (No surprise there, right?) Also, it's great to share the same feelings about Vegas... we were asleep (in our glorious room at the Wynn) last night by 10pm. We both could care less about Vegas, much more about bike stuff. What a pleasure to share this with her!

So, Interbike Day 1 - check. Our plan is to see the National Crits & get some real food, but I wouldn't be surprised if we just ate and fell asleep.

No comments: