Saturday, June 15, 2013

Date Night with Melissa

Blurry Selfie!
Background: This lovely lady is Melissa, one of those people I am honored hangs out with me. I met her nearly seven years ago when she pitched her PR firm to an organization I was in. Luckily we hit it off and have been friends ever since.  She accompanied me to the Texas Business Hall of Fame dinner last October, and I accompanied her to the Leadership Austin Awards ceremony last night.

It was so wonderful to get back into "Austin" after two years of feeling disconnected.  In addition to seeing some people I haven't seen in ages, I was totally inspired by the award winners.  It reminded me of my bucket list item of being recognized for some grand achievements. The twist is that none of the winners "wanted" to win awards; rather they were just serving the community in the best ways they could. I really appreciate that mentality and will keep it in mind as I move forward in life.

Anyway, I had a blast at the event and I'm excited to follow up on some opportunities from it. 


No comments: