Monday, June 24, 2013

Summer Work Week

After talking a big game about blogging more, I went missing for the past week. Doh! But I have a good excuse... I went back to work for the week!

Before I headed back to Dallas, I spent a lovely weekend with Joe and his family by the pool.  All the swimming managed to wear both Joe & Sam out!

Sunday afternoon I headed to Dallas so I could take my dad out for Father's Day.  The next morning we went to his showroom so that I could do what I love best: clean and organize! I went to town on his office, which was incredibly fun for me. Here is just a sampling of things I threw out.
Another advantage of working in my dad's showroom is that I get access to all of his samples. This is why our kitchen is so well stocked, by the way. There are definitely benefits of growing up in the housewares industry!

For the rest of the week, I helped out with the June show, which is where buyers from across the country come to purchase items for their store(s). I have worked these shows off and on since my undergrad days, and it's always fun to reconnect with the various sales managers, employees, and customers during market.
Ever wonder where stores shop? Wonder no more!

I also got to assist my dad with a wine tasting on Thursday night.  It's a rough job, but someone's gotta do it!


I was lucky enough to do two social type things while in Dallas. I had breakfast with my friend Kenny at Oddfellow's on Saturday morning, and I went to my friend Shane's "Welcome to Dallas" party on Saturday night.  Other than that, I was at the Dallas Market Center and remember what it is like to actually work.  I must admit, I enjoyed having something productive to do and it's always nice to help out my family.

For my final picture, I wanted to share an example of how Joe keeps me connected to home. Pictures like this are definitely highlights of my days working outside Austin.

No comments: