Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Picking Up Again

Lately I have been feeling like the last two years at McCombs never happened.  Nearly all of my MBA friends have either moved to their new cities, are just about to, or are still traveling to amazing places like Tibet.  There's no talk of MBA type things these days. Without a job at the moment, I feel much like I did during the summer of 2011 when I was also between work and school.  (Luckily there is no foot surgery holding me back this summer!)  It's hard to believe for the past two years that I was deep in classes, studying, assignments, exams, interviewing, projects, and living in Spain!

What's my point in all of this? It's that I have been able to pick up with all of my pre-MBA friends as if no time has passed at all. I am so glad I choose to stay in Austin this summer so I am able to reconnect with everyone.  To be honest, it doesn't really feel like "reconnecting" because I don't feel like my friends and I ever disconnected.  When Katy texts me to meet her for a run, I show up as if I saw her a few days ago.  When Charles wants help picking out art, it doesn't feel like I've only seen him a few times over the past two years. When Mike wants some advice on his business proposal, it doesn't feel as if I haven't worked with him for over two years.  Or when ETG agrees to meet me for a walk, I feel like we walked together last week too.

I feel really blessed to have friends that have stuck by me when I wasn't active in my normal Austin scene. This gives me a lot of hope for my future time in Dallas, when I will only be back in Austin on certain weekends. 

I know I am rambling, but that's what my blog is for. I just wanted to say that I have some seriously wonderful friends in my life!

No comments: