Monday, July 08, 2013

Girls Weekend: Birmingham Edition

As expected, I had a fantastic time in Birmingham with Annie, Rachel, and Jenna. I love that we have been friends for so long that we can pick up right where we left off, as if it hadn't been 2+ years that we've seen each other.

Rachel and I arrived in B'ham on Thursday, so we went to dinner with Annie and starting planning a surprise baby shower for Jenna. On Friday we got to visit the infamous Paper Company owned by Annie's family before eating lunch downtown at Urban Standard.  It was so fun to see the DPC in person!

We met Jenna a bit after lunch and then walked over to the nail salon to surprise her.  The shower ended up being a big surprise! Besides surprising Jenna, the best parts were the lovely decorations to celebrate Baby #2.
 
Overall I would consider it a big success! After the shower, we had dinner and then topped off the most girlish day ever by watching Pitch Perfect.

We went nonstop on Saturday, starting with a pre-natal yoga class at Annie's studio.

Next we met Annie's boyfriend for lunch, and then we headed to the Birmingham Civil Rights Museum. I was really excited we had the opportunity to go to this museum. I have certainly been very Europe/WWII focused recently, so it was interesting, heartbreaking, and inspiring to see a piece of American history.



That evening we went to "The Club" located at the top of Birmingham and had a great dinner overlooking the city.

Annie was a fantastic host. It was so wonderful to see my friends who are such an important part of my life. As proof, I thought I would share one of the pictures Jenna brought from our Greene Family Camp years. These definitely got quite a few laughs when she brought them out.

 
 Until next time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great recap of the weekend! I had so much fun with you girls and can't wait for our next get-together! :)
-Jenna