Thursday, January 04, 2007

I'm a Geek Because...

There are so many reasons why I'm a geek. Here are a few off the top of my head:
  • I am obsessed with crossword puzzles. I do one every day.

  • I make a game of doing the world jumble as quickly as possible.

  • I can tell you the Scrabble point value of any word you want.

  • I have a blog. (Sorry, I know I've just called the majority of us geeks.)

  • My closet is color coded.

  • I got immense pleasure out of reorganizing my filing system.
  • I'm obsessed with They Might Be Giants.

  • And... well, the list goes on and on.

But for the next few months, I am a geek because I will be obsessed with the CW's Beauty and the Geek.




I love this show so much. The premise: they take 8 beautiful girls with little book smarts (and often little street smarts) and pair them with 8 completely awkward yet intelligent geeky guys. (Think Mensa meets Star Trek.) Then, they have the pairs do challenges and compete to win $250,000. Inevitably, one of the beauties and one of the geeks hooks up. They all learn life lessons about "inner beauty" and "not judging a book by its cover." It's beautiful really. Beautiful and hilarious.

Season Three started up last night. I highly recommend it. Go geeks!!

8 comments:

Lulu said...

I love Beauty and the Geek!! I thought Mario and the longhaired guy did great at the comedy show last night! The allergy thing was really funny. And I saw JennyLee on NEXT last weekend (on MTV).

Erin said...

Hey, there must be a tiger shark!!

"Are you an Orange?" "No"

Hahaha. Oh, how I love to make myself laugh. Glad I can share it with you, Lu!

Lulu said...

Do do do....da doo da doo.. do do da do da do ...... ah nevermind.... you know what I mean!

Erin said...

lol! that was so gross, and hilarious, and gross.

Mike said...

I don't need any more reasons. Knowing you is enough.

MW said...

ummm....

Panther said...

How about your obssession with Panera? And sour apple bubble gum? And parakeets?

Tiffany said...

I LOOOVE that show!! I find myself totally falling for the geeks because they are just too sweet- especially after I tilt my head to the side really far, drink a couple cocktails, and picture them after a special Tiff Makeover. They are total hunks then!