Monday, January 22, 2007

Week 2 Workouts

Even with the "icestorm" last week, I still managed to get most of my workouts in. Thank god for my bike trainer!

Monday: 4 miles run + gym
Tuesday: 20 miles bike
Wednesday: gym
Thursday: 6 miles run
Friday: off
Saturday: 7 miles run + 30 miles bike
Sunday: 25 miles bike

Total Run: 17 miles (Goal = 22)
Total Bike: 75 miles (Goal = 90)
Total Swim: 0 (Goal = 2 times)
Gym: 2 times

While by the numbers it looks like I didn't do well meeting my goals, I was still very pleased with what I did. First, my plan is pretty intense and has me doing a LOT. Second, it was icey for 3 days and I still made my runs and quality bike ride. Third, I volunteered at Frost Your Fanny Sunday morning, but still got up at 5:00am to get at least 25 of the suggested 40 miles on the bike. Fourth, I'm loving the gym - I am definitely getting stronger and my legs feel good! Fifth, the nasty wart on the bottom of my left foot came back, and it *expletive* hurt to do anything.

Unfortunatley, I'm not going to get anywhere close to my goals this week. I got the wart removed this morning, and it hurts just to walk. So, I'm going to take the rest of the week very easy and just go to the gym and swim when I can. I'm not going to do 3M as I had originally planned, but I do plan on riding around the course with Lulu, Joey & Rob and cheering for my friends. That will probably be more fun anyway.

So, let it be known that I will NOT feel guilty about veering from my plan and recovering. I will instead enjoy the break and get revitilized for next week.

8 comments:

Lulu said...

YAY!! I am so glad you are not running. I mean... I am sorry your foot hurts and you are going to miss the race.

I just emailed Joey to see if he wanted to ride the course with me. Now I know I get to ride with at least you. Whoopie!

I will try to chat you later this week to iron out details.

Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself and recover! You'll be stronger when you come back.

Amanda said...

Sorry to hear about the foot problems! Sounds like you're on the mend though.

Congrats on a great effort last week, it was definitely a tough week for trying to get workouts in, and yes, thank god for the bike trainer!!! (Although I am a bit sick of it and am getting to the point of wanting to throw it out the window)

Missychel said...

I need a trainer!! Wow, you are way more dedicated than me. I watched movies and drank hot chocolate:) Todd is running his first solo race and I am really excited to be cheering for him for the first time! Give me a buzz so we can all meet up. Where are you swimming?

Lulu said...

I feel really inconsiderate after this post - I really am sorry your foot is not good. Does this mean no running Thursday night?

Mike said...

Good work, bad wart.

Jane said...

Erin - I just visited your blog for the first time, and I love it!

I can't wait for more...

Laura said...

Hey! Since you are injured are you still running the pub run tonight?