Sunday, January 28, 2007

Week 3 Workouts

Even with my foot issue, I still managed to eek out a few workouts. Here are the totals:

Total Run: 3 miles (Goal = 36)
Total Bike: 30 miles (Goal = 20)
Total Swim: 4900 (Goal = 2 times)
Gym: 3 times

As you can see, the biggest thing I missed out on was running - I missed 33 miles. This factored for running the 3M half marathon today, with an attempt to PR. But, as things go, I couldn't.

Oh well... I was a little bummed today that I missed out on the fun. But, had I run 3M, I would have missed freezing my butt off while riding around the course cheering for my friends. And I would have missed the strangest cheering I have ever done.

Last year, when I ran with Tim during the last 5 miles of Freescale, he instructed me that I was only to talk about positive things. No negativity allowed. Today, I biked alongside Wiley and cheered. He was not happy with my usual, "You're doing awesome! Way to go! Kick it in!" and instead asked me to curse at him. This was hard for me to do - I don't really like the negative cheering. It sounded like this: "Mike - you are so ugly. We hate you! (But, we really like you. I'm sorry.) You suck! You're the worst runner ever. (No, you're actually really fast.)" It worked though, he did go faster when I was mean.

Anyway, I did make it to the pool today and swam the same workout I did yesterday. There was only one other person at the pool, and the weather (and water) was perfect. I had a great workout.

Even though I still can't really run, I enjoyed hearing everyone's 3M accomplishments while at a celebratory happy hour. I can't wait until I can run again! Until then, I will keep frequenting the gym and try to ride my bike more. I'm supposed to get 80 miles in on the bike this week - hopefully I'll actually make my goal.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You WILL make your goal!

Good times today and LOVED having you on the bike;)