Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Some thoughts for the day....

Some thoughts for the day, before I shut down and head to bed....
  • It may appear that I have been really social lately. However, I feel really bad, like I've been ignoring some people. All I can say is that I am sorry. I am actually pretty antisocial lately... I really am just hanging out with the exact same group of people over and over and over again. I have so much going on right now that I can't seem to take on anything else than my close, comfortable circle. Again, I'm sorry.
  • Speaking of feeling bad, do I have "susceptible to guilt trips" written on my forehead? Feels like it sometimes!
  • On a lighter note, I love the song "4 Minute to Save the World" by Madonna & Justin Timberlake. I listened to it on repeat during the fatigue phase of my cycling study over and over and over. Tonight I was trying desperately to find it in my Ipod Shuffle to get my through my workout. I couldn't find it. Grrr....
  • So, as I trudged through my 7 mile run workout, including 6 Wilke repeats, I listened to "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls, "Time Warp" from the Rocky Horror Picture Show, and "50 States" by TMBG. All on repeat. What a combo!
  • My favorite part of the day was the Jewish Pun Off over our email thread. Goldfish. ;)

And for my big realization of the day:

  • I have been finding myself (and my close friends) in this rut of complaining about ourselves in some form or fashion nonstop. Frankly, I am tired of not appreciating the better aspects of me!! Today this random lady stopped me and said that I had the most beautiful hair she had ever seen. You know what, I do have great hair. I'm lucky to have it, and the next time I get annoyed at my mirror, I'm going to look upward towards my hair. Dionn & I discussed the finer points of ourselves today, and I'm glad to say that there is quite a lot about myself that I like. It's good to remind myself of that.

No comments: