Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sunday

I hit my weekly mileage goals, no problem! Biking 55 miles on Friday certainly helped. :)

The damage: 30 run / 111 bike / 2 swims (both in Barton Springs.)

I had one of the most memorable rides ever with Kris yesterday. Our goal was to set off from my house, meet up with the Wurst Ride start, then follow the route down to the Ski Ranch in time to see Dionn pick up whatever award she was going to win. Due to my excellent map reading skills, we got lost three times. We were rewarded with a very strong headwind. And, by the way, that ride is much hillier than I remember from November. We never did make it to the ski ranch, but we did get in 56 miles, meet some really nice people and get to catch up while sitting on a guardrail on FM 2001 waiting for D to pick us up. Kris is a machine - for as much as she "doesn't train," she certainly kicks my butt every ride we do together. I'm glad we didn't brave Armadillo - there is no way my legs would have held up.

Today I went for an easy 6 mile run, followed by a swim in Barton Springs. I loved today. The weather was perfect, the run seemed short, and the water was perfect. Glenda joined me for my swim, which was a nice treat.

Now I'm debating whether or not to race Skeese Greets next weekend. After looking at the Rookie results, I feel pretty sure that I could have kicked butt in my age group. Hmmmm....

2 comments:

Slingshot said...

Do it! You could rock Skeese!

Dionn said...

DO IT! DO IT!!!

...c'mon..everyone's doing it...

Ring, ring...FOMO calling...

I promise to pull you out of the swim exit before anyone else in your AG!

:)