Friday, November 21, 2008

Being Tested...

I have this feeling that I am being tested... I usually consider myself a pretty good Karma type of girl, but lately it's one thing after the next.

Here are some of the fun parts of this past week:
  • getting sandwiched on I35
  • getting pulled over for speeding in a school zone. (10 minutes after the wreck)
  • not having enough hot water in my house to get through a shower (bath, technically)
  • getting told i don't have rental car insurance, which would mean i have no way to go home for Thanksgiving
  • my laptop is corrupted and won't start
Then there is the personal stuff, of which I won't blog; but let's just say that it's not going at all as I expected. GRRRR. (x 100!!!)

So tonight, I decided to tidy some things up and spend time getting my house in order. I spent 2 hours building a coffee table only to turn it over and find a huge, unrepairable dent in the middle. Okay, that can be fixed - return to IKEA! Whatever, 2 hours lost, it's fine. Then... I managed to drop my phone in a big container of liquid. (I'll spare the details... let's just say that it does not work anymore, nor do I want it anywhere near my face even if it did.) Seriously. What is going on?

I'm looking for the positives. Looking really really really really really hard. My IT manager got my computer to work again. Phew. I worked everything out with the car insurance company, and now I am driving a really cool Jeep until my car is repaired. Somehow, the officer who pulled me over took pity on me and did not write me a ticket, even though he originally said it was a no-tolerance school zone policy. My house is much cleaner than it was last weekend. Oh, and the best part - I have had support from people that has gotten me through so much $#}& lately - and I am extremely lucky for them. Really, no clue where I'd be without them.

So... long story short... I'm trying to deal with being tested. In the grand scheme of life, these are all small & insignificant things. But for now, they are really testing my patience! By the way... I have no phone and I'm off the grid until I can fix it - and for reasons I'll explain later, that may be a while.

Reframe... reframe... sigh... reframe...

4 comments:

etg said...

Ah! And this Friday was supposed to be better than last?! Something to look forward to...our Saturday a.m. run:)

Richard Freer said...

You are the one that always puts a smile on everyone's face. We all lean on you yet you never complain. Maybe it's time to lean back a little. We all love and care about you.
Hopefully the weekend will be better!

md said...

I agree with rf. while I'm reading this, I was thinking this is one of the unusual times that I'm hearing not so good things happen to you.
but of course, it is turning around for you. glad you got a rental car. as for the other stuff, I am always here for you buttercup.

brownie said...

Drink for whining!