Monday, November 10, 2008

Off season!

I love my couch. Love, love, love it...

Which is good, because I will be spending a lot of time on it. In other words, I have accepted my "off season." No serious training. No forcing myself to go spin or swim or go to the gym. No forcing myself to run, even... though I plan to stay on top of the little program I've set up for myself.

Granted, this morning I got up to run, got dressed, stepped out the door, made it about three houses down, and came right back home and went to work instead. (At 6:30am, I must be mad!) Which was fine... I thought about running tonight instead, but my couch is just too comfortable. One day Jess is going to teach me how to cook, but until then... I'm thinking kashi, some hot tea and my crossword puzzle. That is how I will enjoy my off season tonight. :)

I got to see my old IronChick girls today... the ones that I trained with for my very first triathlon. Who would have though that I would have been the first to take the Ironman plunge. Wow. It was great to see them. Love those girls. :)

Anyway... off season... Fun! (Feel free to hold me to this... I know I will need some help! But I have a long long LOOOONNNNGGGGG road ahead until IM CdA!) CdA. What a weekend that will be....

No comments: