Tuesday, December 18, 2012

100% Tourist - Day Two

Hola!

After sleeping for 16 hours (!!!), it was time to really explore the city.  After making eggs for breakfast (and trying to figure out the appliances), Joe & I headed out to explore the city.  What better way to get acquainted than with the quintessential tourist tool... a double decker tourist bus!  I wanted to do this so I could not only orient myself around the city, but also see where I wanted to return throughout my time in Barcelona. 

We took one bus that went to the east part of the city (Barceloneta, Torre Agbar, Sagrada Familia, Hospital de Sant Pau, Parc Guell, and Tibidabo), grabbed some lunch, then took the west-bound bus (Plaza Catalunya, Arc del Triomf, World Trade Center, Jardins de Miramar, Fundacio Miro, Olympic Village, FC Barcelona, Avinguda Diagonal, La Pedrera, and Casa Batilo.) I was freezing by the time we got off the second bus, so we headed home (again, through adorable alleys through tons of people) and got ready for exploring and dinner. At this point it was 7pm or so, meaning we are getting a little more acclimated to BCN hours.

We stopped in a touristy tapas bar for tapas and cava, then to an Irish pub because it was the first place we saw with free Wi-Fi, and then to a cute random restaurant for our first authentic paella experience.  Even though it was 9:15, we were still the only people in the restaurant. By 10:00, there were four tables filled. Progress!  With that, we called it an evening and came back to the apartment.  We needed to be up by 10:00am to meet the Internet repairmen. Considering I slept until almost noon yesterday, I had to be mindful!  Luckily I did wake up in time, the repairmen came and fixed the Internet, and here I am blogging away.

My second day was obviously as touristy as can be, but that was just fine. I am so excited to be in this amazing city. There are so many things I want to see and explore. I don't think four months here is enough, but I guarantee I will try my best to see it all. 

With our working internet, Joe & I are about to plan our mini-vacation to visit Christmas markets... For now, adios!

1 comment:

Taline said...

I am so ready to come visit!