Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Approved!!

Does someone who reads this blog have an "in" at the Spanish Consulate? Anyone? I think someone must. Why you ask?

Today I got the call that my visa is approved! Fingers crossed it will be here tomorrow care of Fedex. I can't even describe the sense of relief I felt when I got the "You're approved!" call.  Part of me was tempted to drive to Houston tomorrow to get it myself. But I'm trusting Fedex. I sincerely hope those are not famous last words....


Now I just need to figure out what to pack for five months in the other part of the world.  Think Sam & June will fit in my suitcase?

*******************

In other news, I've had a blast reconnecting with my friends before heading out of town.  For example, this morning started with breakfast with Taline, followed by meeting Jess at Whole Foods, followed by lunch with Michelle, Charles, and Dionn. Tonight I am having dinner with one of my favorite professors, and then tomorrow reconnecting some more.  Good stuff.

In my time that I am at home, I have been a cleaning machine. Partially it's because I accidentally downloaded a book (Gone Girl) on audio versus Kindle. So in order to read it (er, hear it) I have to be doing something mindless. So I've taken to cleaning. So far I've cleaned our hall closet, Joe's closet, the office closet, the kitchen, the pantry, and half of the garage.  I should probably be packing. But we all know how that goes.

2 comments:

Taline said...

Great news! Wahoo!!!!! And thank you again for meeting me this morning. It was so great to see you before you had out on your latest adventure. Next stop, Barcelona!

Unknown said...

Wow, what an adventure for you!! I always knew there was an amazing future for you. Congratulations and Bon Voyage!