Friday, December 07, 2012

Going to Spain...

Hello world! I have made a commitment to start blogging again - especially because I will be blogging from across the ocean! I am spending my final MBA semester at ESADE in Barcelona. This means that I leave in one week, assuming my visa gets here in time. *fingers tightly crossed.*

I thought as a primer to the experience, I would share what I used for my interview earlier this year.  It pretty much sums up why I chose this program.  (FYI - We were asked to come in to answer questions. I prepared a take-away, complete with a photoshopped picture of myself + Bevo at ESADE, and surely had the cheesiest interview ever. It worked.)



Top Five Reasons to Send Erin to ESADE
 

5. I love international experiences! ESADE is an international student mecca, with 45 countries represented. Speaking of, have I proved that I love international experiences while at UT? Some examples: starting an international speaking group, mentoring international students, being an exchange-student buddy, TA'ing for a global marketing class, doing a Global Exchange program...


4. My career goal: Consulting on global projects from a European base.  My original intention was to get my MBA in Europe, but my plans evolved and I came to McCombs with a goal to get to Europe ASAP! I plan to transfer to Europe with BCG within a few years and work on projects of a global scale. Barcelona is the perfect hub to establish a European base.  (BCG has a Barcelona office!)



3. Culture! Language! Spain! I've traveled around the world, but Spain has always eluded me. I feel this is the perfect opportunity to explore the country, specifically Barcelona, on a prolonged basis. Being an art history minor in undergrad, I've always imagined being in Gaudi, Picasso, and Miro's backyard.  I'm also excited to practice my rusty Spanish and learn some Catalan.  

2. Represent McCombs on an International Scale.  I've already spent my time at McCombs actively promoting the school: MBA Student Blog, CCIMS Marketing Fellows, Twitter, Texas Enterprise.... I will continue to do this and share my ESADE Study Abroad experience for McCombs. 

And last but not least...
1. Risk. Adapt. Change. After 13 years in Austin, I want to try something completely different.  Try a new lifestyle, meet completely different people, immerse myself in a different way of living. I believe ESADE is an amazing option to do this, and I am so excited for the opportunity. 

~Thank You!!~

No comments: