Saturday, October 10, 2015

My Dream Robot Wedding!

This April, I had my dream wedding! Joe & I originally considered getting married in San Sebastian, Spain... but that was going to be too complicated for our friends and families.  Then we considered eloping in Australia, but that trip got knocked out once we found out about Baby W.  Then I became convinced that I wanted to get married in our backyard.  Everything pretty much fell into place when we found our house, as I felt it had the perfect backyard for a wedding. In fact, I even wrote a letter to the homeowners about how we would be getting married there and raising our first child. They loved it!

Since I took March and April off from BCG, Joe and I used those months to move into the new house, get his house ready to sell, bring Rachel to Austin to plan the wedding, and get our backyard ready for guests. (Seriously, how lucky am I that one of my best friends is a professional wedding planner? She seriously saved us, and by that I mean did everything.) We definitely ran into some issues, including: 1) our septic system was broken and couldn't handle 100+ guests, 2) our backyard was in shambles, 3) our pool filter broke and turned the pool murky green, 4) April was incredibly rainy, and we really didn't have a rained out backup plan, and 5) while minor and certainly not a deal breaker, I went through 3 different dresses as my body kept changing. I found a dress to wear ~2 weeks before the wedding.

However, all of those issues worked themselves out. (For the record, there was no way we could have done it without my parents, Joe's parents, and Rachel. Hands down would not have happened.) Our house/yard came into decent enough shape and the weather was miraculously gorgeous for 24 hours.

The wedding theme: robots, of course. Seriously, we incorporated robots into all of our decorations, invitations, wedding cake topper, etc. This really came as a surprise to no one.  But the icing on the proverbial cake was Joe's best friend Frank, who agreed to officiate the wedding... as a robot.  And now... pictures!
The day was gorgeous!
My mom took care of the flowers, all placed in vases with robot charms. Wedding theme colors: purple and peacock blue. Again, not a surprise to anyone.
I had plenty of decorations on hand - no need to buy additional robots.
Our cake toppers (traveling robots, in purple) came from Etsy, and my dear friend Meredith provided the cake. It was perfect!
The backyard setup (again thanks to Rachel) worked out perfectly. I loved having everyone hanging out in the backyard all evening.
Joe & I  walked down the "aisle" to Mr. Roboto.  I imagine people were a bit surprised, but again not entirely shocked.
I honestly couldn't stop laughing the whole ceremony, especially knowing what was about to come...
Once the words to the song started... out came Frank! He danced his way down the aisle, and everyone laughed and cheered. Video can be found here.
His entire ceremony was hilarious.  He started with the marriage ceremony from the Princess Bride, and made tons of jokes throughout.  He had everyone laughing and entertained - Joe and I most of all.
Frank also managed the perfect combination of jokes plus sincerity.  I love this picture. 
After Rudy's BBQ, plenty of Deschutes beer, and lots of hanging out, our dads and best friend toasted us. Then Joe gave a great toast and we cut the cake.  Other than that, there wasn't much else except having a good time with everyone. Like I said, it was perfect.
Thanks Carlos / Tresal Photography for all the fabulous pictures!





Like I said, it was perfect!!

No comments: