Thursday, November 30, 2006

BRRRRRRRR!!!!!

It's co-co-co-co-cold in Austin!

So cold that I skipped swimming this morning. (Uh, yeah. It was the cold that made me skip. Not the fact that I would have been running on 2.5 hours of sleep.)

I ran with Maggie after work today, and for some reason, I felt that running shorts, a long sleeve shirt and gloves would do the trick to keep me warm. Yeah.... that was dumb. Not only is it cold, but it was windy on the trail! I must say, I hardly broke a sweat and after a mile, I was really digging this new weather.

This cold weather makes it hard to remember the insanely hot summer I spent doing track workouts at Austin High with Team Punishment. During those workouts, we'd say "When it gets cold, we're going to be so fast!" Well... the cold is here. I'm ready to see how those workouts pay off.

4 comments:

JohnF said...

Bring on the cold

Buzz said...

I think you've been proving that you're getting fast as shit reguardless of the weather.

Lulu said...

I was talking about those old Team Punishment days Wed night. Went for a walk on Town Lake and my mom was so impressed there was so many people. I told her there usually are except when it is 32 or 110 - both of which I have run there on. We were crazy this summer! But I think it made us all better!

Anonymous said...

CRAZZZY!!! I TELL YA!!!! CRAAAAZZZZZZZY!!!!

Go speed demon go!!!