Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Fried Pickles = Poor Sustanance!

It's 11:00pm. I am so tired that I can't go to sleep. I had to turn on my computer so I could email my food & exercise logs for the cyling study, and I'm feeling very guilty.

There's a conference in town this week, and my company is wining & dining.

So, instead of mimicking the same food regime each week like I am supposed to, I hardly ate or drank anything today. I had a work event at Threadgill's for 4 hours tonight. I ate a fried pickle and some raw broccoli for dinner. I planned on coming home by 8:45pm. Instead, I found myself on 6th street - dropping off my coworkers - at 10:00pm.

Now I really need to get some sleep, but I am SO HUNGRY that I can't sleep!! That fried pickle did not do the trick tonight - so I'm not sure how I'm going to make it tomorrow. At least I didn't cheat today and eat/drink after 6:30pm. I had no alcohol even though it was a completely open bar. And I did not join my co-workers downtown because I have to get up at 5:30am. I even sent my logs in like I promised.

I may not be perfect, but I did the best I could... so tomorrow night - if I get through the ride tomorrow - I'll reward myself while partying on 4th street. And I'll eat something better than a fried pickle for dinner!

3 comments:

Lulu said...

I am sure Vanessa and team will appreciate your dedication!

Mike said...

I love fried pickles.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, fried pickles. How could you eat just one?

-Joey