Friday, November 17, 2006

Pub Run Fun

So many people wonder, "Is Erin insane? Why does she run and train so much?" Sometimes I have an answer like, "Because I really thrive on being able to set goals and push myself to the limits to reach them."

And other times, the answer is, "I need to be able to keep up with the other runners during our Pub Runs. If I run too slow, I end up at the back of the bar line and have to wait a long time to get my next beer."

Last night was the monthly Austin Duathlete's Pub Run. We ran from RunTex Riverside, to Hickory Street Bar & Grill, Beauty Bar, Shoal Creek Saloon, and Jo's Bar. This was my second favorite Pub Run to date. Highlights included: introducing Maggie to the world of running & drinking; multiple staring contests with Ostrich and his buddies; a trip to the photo booth with Wiley; watching Tim move like a Scissor Sister; oogling at tri-goddess Desiree; and walking bcck to bar #1 to get the car of my designated driver (!?).


Wiley, Panther, Tara & me at Shoal Creek Saloon. There has got to be a clever caption for this picture, though I can't think of it.


And here are some pictures from Pub Run's past. My favorite is making fun of Tim's jazz hands.





For the record, I was extremely proud of myself because I made it to a birthday breakfast with Robert & Charlotte by 7:00am - completely awake and sober. Nothing like a chocolate chip bagel after a night of running and beer.

No comments: