Sunday, February 18, 2007

Congratulations

Congratulations, my 2007 marathon friends.

I would especially like to congratulate Wiley. Regardless of that last mile, you did it. You'll feel the marathon pull again soon. Hell, you might already be feeling it. (Soon we'll laugh at the picture on my camera phone.)

And Ostrich. I know this was a particularly painful training year for you. I rarely heard you complain... instead you pushed forward and ignored the pain. I felt particularly honored to place that medal around your shoulders today. (Springs!?)

And Katie, Sharon, Rhonda, Phillip, Rob, Michelle, Leslie, Sarah, Heather, Jody, Laurel and many more who I'm probably forgetting. Bravo, guys. Bravo.

As for me - I feel that it's a privilege to volunteer at the marathon. I joked that the only reason I do it is for the "all access" badge - but of course that's not true. I'm proud to work on something that is so meaningful for so many people. Admittedly, I was jealous that I couldn't cheer with Tim, Kenny & Holly throughout the morning. (Thanks, though, for letting me hang with you (and the pope) Friday night.)

But I promise I was thinking of all of you. Still am. Congratulations.

3 comments:

Mike said...

Erin, finishing today's marathon downtown was by far the best part of the race, made remarkably more best by you having you there to greet me, adorn me, hug me, water me, and keep me from falling. Thanks for you.

MW said...

seven simple words, but seven words that mean the world to me to be able to say to you:
Thank you for being who you are.

Unknown said...

E....thanks for being out there for us al. I had a horrible day and seeing your face at the finishline was fantastic! I was able to see you pass the tumbleweed and dust-devils as I crossed the line. :)