Tuesday, February 27, 2007

To Velvet...

Dear Velvet,

Our dear, sweet black lab/pit bull mutt. Our "pitador-able." You were a great dog.

When I met you, you were ten years old. You had an established family - you, Karma and Phil- but you welcomed me anyway. I got to know you during walks along the greenbelt and brushing your neverending black coat. You were always so sweet to me.

When Karma was sick, you cared for her and kept her company. When Phil was sick, you cared for him, too.

You were the most well behaved dog I ever met. Lately, you would stay in the front yard and watch the world go by. You would wait patiently for someone to come scratch your belly and cuddle you.

These past few months were rough on you, girl, but you braved them like a champ. Today, the pain was just too much. I am so sorry, but we had to help you get to a better place.

We love you Velvet. And we will miss you.


10 comments:

MW said...

Oh Erin, I am so so sorry.
: (

Missychel said...

Erin & Phil,

I am so sad to hear of your family loss. Don't worry she will be in good company now chasing rabbits and eating endless Beggin' Strips.

Anonymous said...

Erin,
I am sorry to hear about Velvet. I had a cat named Velvet. Your Velvet sounds as lovely as my cat Velvet.

Laura said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Reading that almost made me cry. Those little guys are part of our family and losing them is never easy.

Unknown said...

Erin,

I'm sooo sorry about your Velvet.

Buzz said...

Velvet was the best snuggle partner a drunk guy could ask for, I'll miss her. Sorry to hear this.

Panther said...

Erin,

I'm so sorry to about Velvet. It sounds like she had a wonderful life, because of you and Phil, and that she gave you two lots of love in return. If you need anything, you two can count on me to be there for you.

--Panther

Anonymous said...

This is just a bad week for pets. Ramsay also had to put her dog to sleep.

I am sorry to hear about Velvet. She seems like she was a great companion.

-Joey

KP said...

What a lucky dog, to have had such loving people in her life. What lucky people, to have had such a loving dog in your lives.

I'm really sorry for your loss, Erin & Phil.

KP

Rabbit said...

I am so sorry Erin. Losing a pet is hard but she is in a better place now.