Tuesday, February 20, 2007

thank you, la quinta

I am really tired. I have been going non-stop since, well, I can't really remember. This isn't anything unusual for me, though I'm afraid it's getting out of hand.

I'll preface this by saying that many of my friends ran the marathon on Sunday and that takes an enormous amount of energy. I can't compete with that!

But, back to me. I can't remember the last day or night that I've taken it easy. I've been traveling a lot for work lately. Every week, I'm either in Houston or San Antonio or both and it's not going to let up any time soon. The trips are getting longer, too. I'm starting a collection of my hotel room keys, and it is growing fast.

For example, here was my week since last Wednesday.
Wed: gym in the morning, owners meeting at work, association luncheon, meeting with marathon office, work, dinner with friends
Thurs: run in morning, vet housecall for Velvet, work, association luncheon, work, set up running banana at expo, association event at night, late dinner with coworker.
Fri: gym in morning, sales meeting at work, lunch with coworkers, work, leave to run - oops, forgot to buy dog food, so run errands, then expo, dinner with friends
Sat: run in morning, work expo all day, take down expo, dinner with phil
Sun: work at marathon from 4:30am until 2:00pm, post marathon party, lunch, run with maggie, swim at Springs, shower and nearly conk out while trying to warm up in front of my space heater, skip post-race party at Tap Room
Mon: drive to Houston, interviews all day, check in to hotel, association evening event
Tues: work at expo all day, drive to different hotel, check emails/work, update blog.

So, this probably isn't that abnormal - but I'm seriously so tired. I haven't even had time to work out this week. I come back to Austin tomorrow. I can't wait. (Even though I have two events to go to tomorrow night. No rest, yet again.)

And why, you ask, did I title my post "Thank you, la quinta?" Because at 9:00, I realized I had forgotten to eat dinner. I didn't want to leave. So I asked the front desk if I could raid their kitchen so I wouldn't have to leave. They looked at me with the most pathetic eyes, telling me I looked exhausted. Two bowls of Total, 1/2 a small carton of milk, and an apple later - I'm extremely thankful to them. Thank you, La Quinta angels.

Austin, I'm coming home soon. And I can't wait to stop and breathe.

P.S. Tonight, Ostrich asked me what I'm most looking forward to next, small or big. My answer? Finishing the book I've been trying to get through for over 4 months now. Perhaps I will get off the computer and start working on that...

1 comment:

MW said...

Welcome home. Austin missed you.