Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Who's Who? Who?

As I culled through my junk mail this afternoon, I opened a letter from Cambridge Who's Who that said, "It is my pleasure to inform you that you are being considered for inclusion into the 2007/2008 Cambridge Who's Who Among Executive and Professional Women "Honors Edition" of the Registry.

The 2007/2008 edition of the Registry will include biographies of our country's most accomplished women. Inclusion is considered by many as the single highest mark of achievement."

Well, folks, looks like I've made it. I have been recognized by some random solicitor that wants me to eventually buy lots of books that have my biography in them. Yes indeed, today is quite possibly the single highest mark of achievement for me. Looks like I can retire. (And I thought it was all downhill once I was an official Who's Who in high school.)

The funniest part of this letter is the fine print, which reads: "Cambridge Who's Who is proudly not associated or affiliated with any other Who's Who Publication or Organization." Prestigious, eh?!

4 comments:

JohnF said...

Is it associated with Cambridge, either the university or city?

holly said...

I always wondered who actually buys those things?

MW said...

I do I do!!!


just kidding

Buzz said...

I stopped going to school after I made it in the Who's Who of Community Colleges.