Sunday, February 25, 2007

Week 7 Workouts

Thank god this ended up being an easy week. Originally, I thought my goal was 30 miles running/85 biking - but luckily Panther revised it last minute.

Total Run: 12 miles / 3 (and 1/2) times (Goal = easy week)
Total Bike: 38 miles / 2 times (Goal = easy week)
Total Swim: 3100m / 2 times (Goal = 2 times)
Total Gym: 3 times

I had a great day today - I met up with Laura & Chris for a ride at the Veloway, and ended up doing my time trial sense I will be in San Antonio Thursday during our quality ride. I took 30 seconds off my time since the last trial (currently @ 24:22, last time was 24:55), and I certainly see places I can improve more. My goal is to go less than 24 minutes, or even 20mph, by next trial. I ended up riding 30 miles, and had a blast - I actually really enjoyed being on the bike. (The beautiful weather certainly helped!) I followed the ride with a quick mile run, which was hard. It made me question why I do triathlons... but I forgot all about it by the time I was in the car headed home. :)

Additionally, I went to the gym this afternoon to do my revised "max strength" workout from Panther. I wasn't really enjoying my new gym routine, and Panther pointed out that I wasn't pushing myself nearly hard enough. So, he made me up my weights and my sets. I swear I was about to fall over today, I was so tired! I could hardly raise my arms... a good sign, I believe!

(Luckily I had enough energy left tonight to help Phil clean out the garage. We rearranged a ton of stuff to make room for all of our Running Banana exhibit displays. Phil also put up hooks so we could hang our bikes (we have 4 between us) - this is much better than our old way of throwing them over a bunch of boxes.)

Overall, I was pleased with the end of this week. I didn't work out at all on Monday or Tuesday, but I doubled up every other day and managed to get some mileage in. This week may be tricky since I have my last cycling study, but at least I know I'll get some bike mileage in.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Well done on improving your TT time on the bike! You'll be at 20mph before you know it. Sounds like you had a pretty challenging week but managed to stay on top of things. Btw, what is your next race? A triathlon, duathlon, or road race?

PS I still think it's funny that we haven't met yet :) Wiley needs to organise a blog posters happy hour I think!

Lulu said...

You are a Rockstar Erin!!! I need to get my arse out on the bike or you are gonna leave me in the dust!