Monday, December 31, 2007

Blessed...

Before I write about 2008... I wanted to share the best part of 2007 for me.

It wasn't working.

It wasn't working out.

It was my friends. I have cemented friendships with amazing people this year and I have no idea where I would be without them. I started to name some, but I don't want to leave anyone out. However, without my friends...

-Who could I call at any time of the day, and even though he hasn't been able to move / go out / sit / etc, would talk to me for hours, cheer me up, keep me company, and be there for me when I really needed some truth in my life?
-Who would have met me at 5:30am in the mornings to push me, motivate me, or goof off with me? (Or who would I talk to while one of us is sobbing while driving down the highway or sleeping in a CVS parking lot?)
-Who would be giving me the same advice I gave her a year ago and being an endless source of support?
-Who would drop anything in a second to lend me her ear, a hug, or her living room on wheels?
-Who would have gotten me out to try so many of Houston's best margaritas, or listened to all the cheesy pick up lines, or shared text messages about blow up gorillas, or worried about me when I hadn't texted back in hour?
-Who would have met me at Panera after work on Fridays and really allowed herself to trust me and form a really great, true friendship?
-Who would have met me for breakfast before work to help me start my days off right?
-Who would blow off work and meet me anytime, be up for anything, and eventually kick my butt both running and biking?
-Who would have ridden to Dallas with me while we shared our similar plights, worries and aspirations?
-What other group could I expect 150+ emails a day from, where we all make fun of our "lovable" quirks, issues and breakdowns?
-Who would I have formed such a close friendship with that people have called us attached at the hip, and who is a main factor in my decisions about whether to do something or go somewhere, or sometimes better just hang out on the "safe couch"?

There are so many more... and I'm lucky that I could go on and on and on.

Life isn't easy. Sometimes it's really really hard. But thanks to my friends, I always land feet first.

Thank you.

4 comments:

KP said...

You totally left me out...

Lulu said...

I love you too! Happy New Year!

Erin said...

hmmm. sorry, kp. I do believe you are on those 150+ emails a day. Lol L'Chaim!

Kris said...

Love you, Erin!